In recent years, 2.5 Generation mobile network (GPRS and CDMA2000-1x) had been put in service at many countries, it provides a wide coverage and reliable mobile data channel for business and industrial applications. This GPRS/CDMA DTU has been developed as a powerful and easy to use for those applications.
GPRS or CDMA DTU Definition
GPRS or CDMA 1x DTU is a data termination unit which works over GSM/GPRS or CDMA 1x radio network. It is a terminal built-in with processor, RTOS, TCP/IP protocol stack, application software and so on. It works stand alone without any host based device to provide a RS-232, RS-422 or RS-485 serial port interface; it provides a transparent channel from/to remote side and your data center. The major application areas are the industrial SCADA system, such as power distribution network, pipe line, running water supervision and weather station data acquisition, etc.
- M2M (Machine-to-Machine Communication) for Industrial Application
- Network infrastructure (BTS) of telecommunication operators are now widely established
- The advantage usage of data traffic from voice
- Transparent data transmission
- Small data size
- Oil & Gas
- Pipeline Monitoring
- Well Monitoring Pump and Valve control
- Compressor Control & Monitoring
- Flow Measurements
- Pressure and Temperature Monitoring
- Leak Detection
- Corrosion Monitoring etc
- Electric Power
- Automated Meter Reading
- Substation Automation
- Automatic Switching Operations
- Earth Fault Detection
- Transformer Monitoring and Relay Oscillography
- River, Dam and Reservoir Level Control
- Water Flow
- Flood Warning/Alarm systems
- Dike Management
- Coastal Monitoring etc.
- Atmospheric Pressure
- Earthquake detection
- Point Of Sales (POS) terminals for handling credit card payments, lottery, gaming and betting.